Friends of CKXU Program Coordinator
Accountable to the Executive Director/Station Manager, the Friends of CKXU Program Coordinator will be charged with the task of managing and maintaining CKXU’s partnership with the many local businesses enrolled in the program.
The Friends of CKXU Program is a very important part of the relationship CKXU maintains with local businesses, and the community as a whole. Here’s how it works:
- People who’ve donated to CKXU’s annual FUNdrive receive a discount card or keychain that is good at all of the businesses enrolled in the program
- Businesses enrolled in the program receive on-air promotion in exchange for offering the CKXU discount to cardholders
- It’s a relationship that is designed to be symbiotic to both CKXU and local businesses!
- The program renewed on the first day of each annual FUNdrive. This years’ FUNdrive date bracket is March 18th – 25th,, 2016
Specific areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and meeting with all local businesses enrolled in the Friends of CKXU Program to evaluate or re-sign, their contracts
- Delivering all contracts to, and working with the Production Coordinator to ensure all “Friends ADs” are completed and ready to be launched for on-air play on CKXU during the upcoming annual FUNdrive
- Gathering donations from local businesses enrolled in the Friends of CKXU Program for use as door prizes or auction items at CKXU fundraising events
- Check in with the Friends of CKXU to maintain a good working relationship
- Adding new Friends to the program when necessary / soliciting new friends
- Delegating volunteers to assist with all the above activities
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, Email)
- Familiar with the University of Lethbridge and the general Lethbridge area
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Willing to work flexible hours – weekends/evenings if needed
- Quiet, shared office space located on campus in the University of Lethbridge Students’ Union Building
- Working in a genuinely fun environment
Application Deadline: January 15th, 2016 – 4:30pm
Contract timeframe: Jan 22nd 2016 – May 20th, 2016
Interviews will be held: Week of Monday, Jan 18th 2016
This is a volunteer position.
Please send resumes to [email protected].com or drop off at SU-162 Monday – Sunday between 9:00am – 9:00pm (Just slip it under the door if it’s closed!)
All are thanked for applying, but only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.