The CKXU Radio Society is looking to procure a FUNdrive Coordinator for a five month contract.
Assistant to the Executive Director/Station Manager, the FUNdrive Coordinator will help plan and execute CKXU’s annual week-long fundraising endeavour FUNdrive 2016, held between March 18th – 25th 2016
FUNdrive is the time of year where CKXU actively solicits the public for donations. Over the course of that week, CKXU changes in many ways:
- On-Air programming shifts focus towards educating listeners on the many reasons for donating to CKXU
- CKXU DJs offer “swag incentives” to listeners who pledge cash to CKXU in support of the FUNdrive
- FUNdrive themed-events happen around the city, encouraging the public to come and celebrate the many ways CKXU contributes culturally to the City of Lethbridge
- CKXU uses the money to fund day-to-day station activity, matching grants, and new broadcast gear! Every little bit helps!
Specific areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying and developing relationships with new potential donors, and nurturing existing relationships
- Working with CKXU’s Marketing Committee to make decisions relating to merchandise items (or “swag”) and the branding of 2016 FUNdrive events
- Working with CKXU’s Fundraising Committee to make decisions regarding 2016 FUNdrive events
- Working with the Station Manager to track/manage pledges and donations during FUNdrive 2016
- Working with the Program Director to ensure that all CKXU DJ’s are properly trained and fully prepared for their radio program during FUNdrive week
- Working with CKXU’s Volunteer Coordinator to ensure volunteer positions are filled for all volunteer shifts related to the day-to-day operations of FUNdrive 2016
- Working with the Station Manager and CKXU Treasurer to ensure all pledges and donations are reconciled after FUNdrive 2016 – this includes coordinating “CKXU Swag Pickup Events” in the months following
- Please note: During the week of FUNdrive (March 18th – 25th), it will be required that the candidate be present at CKXU headquarters to aid in overseeing much of the FUNdrive admin processes. This will likely be a large time commitment.
- Previous experience with a CKXU FUNdrive or another fundraiser is a strong asset
- Previous experience organizing events
- A good understanding of brand marketing
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, Email)
- Excellent logistics and planning skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- A good understanding of the CKXU Radio Society as an organization and radio station
- Willing to work flexible hours – weekends/evenings if needed
- Familiarity with the University of Lethbridge and the general Lethbridge area
- Helping the CKXU Radio Society grow and better support the community it serves!
- Shared office space located on campus in the University of Lethbridge Students’ Union Building
- Working in a genuinely fun environment
Application Deadline: January 15th, 2016 – 4:30pm
Contract timeframe: Jan 22nd 2016 – May 20th, 2016
Interviews will be held: Week of Monday, Jan 18th 2016
This is an honorarium based position. The approved candidate will receive a six-hundred dollar ($600) honorarium at the end of the term contract.
Please send resumes to email@example.com or drop off at SU-162 Monday – Sunday between 9:00am – 9:00pm (Just slip it under the door if it’s closed!)
All are thanked for applying, but only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.